Online Webinar: Lessons from Open Banking: Making Open Finance and Pensions Dashboards work for consumers
- Wednesday 15th July, 1pm, Zoom Webinar
- Sheldon Mills, Interim Executive Director of Strategy and Competition, FCA
- Faith Reynolds, Independent Consumer Representative, Open Banking Implementation Entity
- Imran Gulamhuseinwala, Implementation Trustee, Open Banking Ltd
- Kat Cloud, Policy Lead – UK, Plaid
- Clare Reilly, Head of Corporate Development, PensionBee
- Chris Curry, Principal, Pensions Dashboards Programme, MAPS
- Chaired by Lord Sharkey
- Register here:
This event will examine what can be learned from Open Banking for Open Finance and Pensions Dashboards and how such initiatives might contribute towards the financial health of the UK in the aftermath of Covid-19.
Two years after the introduction of Open Banking, the Financial Conduct Authority has launched a Call for Input on the opportunities presented by ‘Open Finance’. Open Finance builds on the principles of open banking – the sharing of data which provides new ways for customers and businesses to make the most of their money. The FCA is asking for views on the opportunities and risks arising from Open Finance, what is needed to ensure it develops in the best interests of consumers, and what role the FCA should play.
In addition to the FCA’s Call for Input, the Money and Pensions Service (MAPS) has also set up an Industry Delivery Group to drive forwards the technology which will allow Pensions Dashboards to be made available to consumers. The Pension Schemes Bill 2019-20 will provide a framework to support pension dashboards, including powers to compel pension schemes to provide accurate information to consumers.
We would welcome any questions you wish to submit in advance so that they can be considered by the panel.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com